Friday, December 11, 2009

Whole Foods Dinner

As I mentioned in a previous post I attended the Whole Foods Cook, Eat, Blog event last night. I've never been to a blog event or even a Whole Foods event so this was an all around new experience for me, but it was a good one. I will have a separate post on all the details coming soon so make sure to check back!
After the blog even ended my husband picked me up. Since I was already at Whole Foods we decided to pick up some of their delicious food to take home and eat for dinner.


To drink I had a raspberry Steaz. For those of you who haven't tried Steaz, you really should. It is a sparkling green tea beverage.



I made myself a salad at the wonderful salad bar. And when I say wonderful I mean wonderful! They have everything and the best thing is everything is so fresh!



Salad fixings:
  • Spring mix lettuce
  • Lemon dill tuna
  • Green peppers
  • Red peppers
  • Yellow peppers (oh my!)
  • Mushrooms
  • Asian slaw
  • Red onions
  • Some kind of grain, can't remember the name of it

After my salad I had about a third of these empanadas. My husband and I were hoping they would taste like the ones we had in Argentina but that didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, these were good, just didn't have the same flavors as the ones we had in Argentina. The breading was really flaky on these which I actually liked.

We had one chicken and one beef.


A closer look at the beef:


By the time I ate all this stuff I was stuffed so no dessert for me!

Question:

What is your favorite dinner to pick up from Whole Foods?

Mine, without a doubt, is the salad bar. I love salads and everything is so fresh at Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment