Thursday, December 17, 2009

BBQ Shrimp Pizza

My husband has been working so hard on a project at work that I decided I would surprise him with a home cooked meal. This is something that doesn't usually happen during the week in my house. When I got home from work I walked the dogs and then headed to the grocery store where I picked up the following items:



Items:
  • Lettuce
  • Frontera Grill Chips
  • Pita's
  • Shrimp
  • Red Onion
  • Real Simple Magazine
  • Self Magazine
Oh yeah, I also picked up some mozzarella cheese. Can't believe I almost forgot the cheese :(



I decided to make spicy BBQ shrimp pizza. I've never made this before but it sounded good to me and my husband loves BBQ sauce, shrimp and pizza, so how could I go wrong!

I started with 4 garlic cloves:


Chopped up:


Chopped up some red onion:


Got some cheese ready:


Then I preheated the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven was heating up I sauteed the garlic, red onion and shrimp:


I then put a layer of Sweet Baby Ray's spicy BBQ sauce on a small pita. Added the shrimp mixture and cheese. Popped it in the oven for 13 minutes and voila:


My husband really liked it and I think he was happy that I had dinner going by the time he came home.

Question:

What do you like to put on your homemade pizza?

I would have to say my favorite is tomato sauce, green olives, turkey pepperoni and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment