Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crazy Busy Week

What a Monday! When a Monday is as busy as the one I had, than you know it is going to be a crazy busy week. I have a project I'm working on at work that leaves no time for fun stuff. But I'm sure I will be able to sneak some fun in somewhere! Maybe a blog entry every once in awhile:)

Breakfast

I needed something quick for breakfast so I grabbed an Adore Glo Bar.


I ate about half of it. I just love the marshmallow and graham crackers in this bar!





Lunch

The last couple days I've been craving sauerkraut like nobodies business. So for Monday's lunch I decided to make my Pasta Sauerkraut Goodness recipe.

It was oh so good! Can't wait to have the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Snack

I'm working on a project at work that has been taking up a lot of my time. My husband knew it was going to be a long night for me so he brought me the best gift for a girl in my situation.

A Starbucks latte!




Oh, how I have missed this wonderful beverage.




Wait, he didn't just bring me a snack. He also brought our dogs their very favorite treat, bully sticks. Solera just couldn't wait to get his teeth wrapped around one of these:) This picture cracks me up!




When the dogs have a bully stick everything else in the room becomes nonexistent.




I don't know what it is about these things but the dogs go crazy for them.



Dinner

The clock struck 8:00 and I was still working. I wasn't just working, I was on a roll. If I stopped working I wouldn't be able to get back into the mindset to finish up. My husband realized I was on a roll and couldn't stop to make dinner so he ordered us some food from Hackney's. Hackney's is an Irish pub/restaurant that has great food, plus they deliver!


I ordered the: Black & White Turkey Burger: Cajun-spiced ground turkey with provolone cheese.


Holy cow (or should I say turkey) this burger was A-mazing. It has some serious spice going on and didn't even need any condiments. I LOVE THIS BURGER!


This was a great dinner that allowed me to push through and get my work done for the night. I really need to get to the grocery store for some veggies and other kitchen staples. It's just been really hard to find the time to grocery shop but no more excuses, it will be done:) fyi...I didn't even come close to eating all those fires pictured above.

As I was finishing up my last bit of work I looked down to see this adorable little face looking up at me.

It was almost as if he was trying to communicate that I needed to stop working and play with him:) That blue thing in the bottom of the picture was the toy of choice tonight. My dogs are the cutest little guy's!
Question
How often do you grocery shop?
I haven't gotten on a schedule yet. I think I would like to start doing a big shopping trip every 2 weeks and then stop in for produce once a week. But, I'm not sure and am open to suggestions. So, suggest away!

5 comments:

  1. We do a relatively big shopping ever 10 days or so, but I go get produce probably twice a week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you were happy to wind up your work last night!

    Solera looks like he has an eyebrow raised in that picture! LOL...

    I grocery shop every other Friday and have been doing that for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my first latte in a long time today too! Magiccccc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets just say that I grocery shop WAY to often...at least once a week, but given I dont get everything in one trip! I live with two other girls so I mostly just shop for myself, so when i go I get what I need at the moment, because I always am in the mood for different things, so I just go back later in teh week!

    that black and white burger looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried pasta with sauerkraut, but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete