Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Seasons Change = Sinus Pain

It appears the weather is changing which is great! I can't wait for it to be nice enough to go for long walks and I really am excited to be able to go outside without a coat, scarf and gloves. However, the not so good thing about the weather changing is that my sinuses act up. I get really bad headaches which seems to last for days. I'm dealing with one now and all I want to do is go home and put a herbal heating pad over my eyes. I hate this!

Let's check in on Tuesday's eats...

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with hot sauce.



Hash browns with hot sauce.



I really think I'm starting to look for ways to eat hot sauce:) I found a kind I really like and I just want to have it on all the food I eat!

Lunch

After my big breakfast I wasn't really hungry for lunch so I just had a cup of turkey broth with a few noodles and carrots. (no picture)

Dinner

Leftover Sauerkraut Goodness.



So that is it for the food. Not a bad day but I need to get more veggies in. I'm going to make that my goal for Wednesday - more veggies, can't wait!

Blog at ya later!

Question

Do you suffer from Sinus headaches? If so how do you deal with them?

I take sinus medication like DayQuil sinus. If I'm at home I will use a heating pad across my head and wear one of those breathing strips. I really wish I could do that right now but I don't think it would go over well at work;)

7 comments:

  1. I get sinus headaches, sneezes, itchy eyes. Yuck! I'm not looking forward to pollen season. But I guess I'll deal if it means nicer weather. I just take Sudafed and then some sort of aspirin/Tylenol pill.

    Do the breathing strips work? Once things get bad, maybe I'll try sleeping with one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky enough not to be bothered too much by allergies.

    I love all that hot sauce, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I hope you feel better soon :( Sinus pressure is NO FUN. Does the hot sauce on your eggs help clear you up?

    I say, forget fashion and wear Breathe-Right strips at work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain with the allergies! I have not had them since I got my food allergies tested, but when I used to have them....ugh....not good!

    I am not sure if there is a natural way to clear that up.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa- Yes the breathing strips work wonders for me when I have sinus pain. I will say the ones that work the best are Breathe Right extra. Looks like you can get a free sample here: http://www.breatheright.com/ .

    Jessie - Now that you mention it, I think the hot sauce does help clear me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure it's not allergies? When the seasons start to change my allergies act up. I'm sure you've probably been tested, but I'm just making sure.
    The sauerkraut goodness looks yummm. Do you watch Amazing Race? The contestants had to eat a huge pile of sauerkraut. I was so jealous! Some of them were gagging. haha, they couldn't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot sauce on eggs=amazing. I don't suffer from sinus headaches.

    ReplyDelete