Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Eats

What a busy and fun weekend!

On Friday my husband and I were invited to a charity event for a local church. We got dressed up and headed to the Ritz Carlton to start our evening. The theme of the event was Carnival. Everyone was all dressed up, carnival dancers did a performance, silent auction and dinner served. It was really a great event and both my husband and I had a great time!

After the event we decided to hit up a couple places in the city. We went to a couple dive bars and 1 really nice place. We ended up staying out until 2:00 am! I can't even remember the last time we stayed out that late, just goes to show how old I'm getting!

Here is a look at some of the eats I had this weekend.

Saturday morning was a little rough, most likely from the fun had the night before. I decided I to make myself and egg sandwich and it turned out FANTASTIC and oh so easy to prepare.


Ingredients for egg:
  • 1 egg
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • White pepper
  • Milk

Mix ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 30 seconds or until egg is cooked through.

Place egg on sandwich thin and top with hot sauce.


Enjoy! So good!



For a snack I tried some salt and vinegar pop chips. These chips were tangy and I really liked them. I have a feeling these will be making another appearance in my home! Can't wait to try some of the other flavors.


Just like any other weekend I had multiple cups of coffee lattes with cinnamon topping.


There will be a couple more posts coming out about this weekend. Listed below is a sneak peak at posts to come.

  • My cake making disaster
  • Healthy eco-friendly delivery
  • Winter essentials
I hope everyone had a truly fabulous weekend!

Blog at y'all later!



4 comments:

  1. Hot sauce on eggs is the best! And so are Pop chips...just not the cheddar ones, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event sounds fabulous! Glad you guys partied it up. mmm egg sammys=amazing! I always top mine with salsa. Can't wait to see the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could LIVE off of Egg sandwiches! They are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing for breakfast is an egg sandwich. It just keeps me fuller long. I never have any luck with microwaving mine. It never turns out right :(

    ReplyDelete