Monday, March 22, 2010

Bacon + Popcorn = Love

I had such a good time on Friday night. A couple of my friends and I headed to a local movie theatre that I LOVE. After work we headed to the ICON theatre to grab some drinks and food before settling in to watch Alice in Wonderland.


Here is a look at the bar in the movie theatre.




Very cool and hard to believe it is located in a movie theatre, but it is!




The girls and I settled in to a nice seating area and the first thing I ordered was a Kettle One Cosmo!




There are many things that I like about this theatre. Here is my list:
  • Bar
  • Real food
  • Assigned seating
  • Drinks and food can be brought to your seat and consumed during movie
  • Order tickets online and pick the seats you will be sitting in
  • But the best thing about ICON is the BACON POPCORN!!!



Yes, you read that right! Bacon popcorn! So freakin' good, I can't even put it into words.
Bacon + Popcorn = LOVE!

I could have just eaten a barrel full of Bacon Popcorn but instead I opted to try some of the other food offered at this establishment. I had a margarita pizza that was just okay.


Chips with a caramelized onion dip.


And the skillet cookie with vanilla ice cream.



I had the best time hanging with my girlfriends at this place and I'm sure we will hit it up again. My husband and I are really excited to have theatre like this in downtown Chicago! It is right up or alley and we intend to take full advantage of everything it has to offer.
Question
What was the last movie you saw in a theatre?

11 comments:

  1. That movie theater looks like so much fun! We saw the Ghost Writer last week, it was awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took my son to "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" on his second birthday in October. Wow, its been forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, you had me at bacon :)

    the last movie i saw was Dear John...i thought it was a really touching film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Shudder island and it was pretty thrilling with a twist. Thanks for sharing your experience, lovin' the bacon popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got a theatre like that and I've been dying to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I want a place like that near me! That looks incredible. The food, the bar, the decor! I saw Alice and Wonderland too. So it was the last movie I saw. Loved it! The popcorn just needs a sprinkle of cheddar for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Icon!!! The drink looks phenomenol though!!! And that cookie...my boyfriend would go JUST for the cookie! hahah

    The last movie I saw in a theatre was Alice in Wonderland...in 3D! it was quite frightening actually. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine bacon popcorn-it sounds absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that bacon popcorn looks amazing! I was just out in Vegas and I had a pretzel in shape of a musical note that had cheese, jalapeno and bacon it. Pure bliss!!! My last movie was Alice in Wonderland in 3d

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, bacon popcorn... so ... different! The last movie I saw in the theater is Blind Side... I need to go again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been there too! LOVE IT. Well I haven't been to the bar there yet but the theater itself is sooo nice! And its not even more expensive or anything.

    The last movie I saw there was...Avatar in 3-D I think?

    ReplyDelete