Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Salad - Poor Risotto - Great Ice Cream

Patrick and I stopped at Starbucks before work. I can't think of a better way to start your day than with a latte and of course a water to hydrate.


The milk in the latte always fills me up so I don't have to have anything to eat for breakfast. Today's latte filled me up so much that I didn't get hungry until 1:45!

Lunch

Today's lunch was another packed creation (if you can call it that). It included a banana, sandwich thin and Justin's Chocolate Peanut Butter:


Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Dog!




Dinner

As I mentioned in yesterdays post work has been really crazy. Not just for me but for Patrick as well. We are both feeling the stress and constantly thinking about what needs to be done. I felt we needed to take a well deserved break, just the two of us, to reconnect.

We decided to try dinner at Gioco. Gioco is an Italian eatery with a very cool atmosphere. I love how the interior has exposed brick walls, almost as if they moved right into the building (built in 1890) and kept the rustic feel but touched it up with some hip accents.



I started off with an Insalata di Pera e Arugula. Included in the salad: Baby Arugula, Apple Pears, Pancetta, Endive, Black Currants, Red Wine Vinaigrette, Peconrino Toscano.

They had me at arugula! This dish was A-mazing! The pepperyness of the arugula mixed with the sweetness of the pears and currants were a perfect combination. I really couldn't have asked for anything better for a starting dish:


A glass of pinot grigio to accompany my main dish:


My main dish was a risotto with homemade sausage and rapini. None of the pictures turned out but you aren't missing anything. That's right, this dish was a dud.

I really enjoy risotto and was excited to hear that it was one of the nightly specials. However, this dish was lacking flavor and the texture didn't work for me.

Gioco Verdict: I should have just stopped after the salad. The amazing delicious salad that I will try and create at home:) This is the second time we've eaten a meal at Gioco and our main courses both times have been lacking. Patrick and I decided the next time we visit we will take a seat at the bar, grab a cocktail, an appetizer and soak up the cool atmosphere.

Dessert

After the tasteless risotto I need a dessert with some serious flavor. Marble Slab entered my brain immediately:



I stood around for 10 minutes tasting and trying to decide what flavor Ice Cream I wanted:


My concoction included:
  • Birthday cake ice cream
  • Cinnamon vanilla ice cream
  • Cookie dough
  • Waffle cone pieces
  • Hot Fudge
  • Caramel

Yummers!


This weekend is jam packed with tons of fun things to do. Can't wait to get the weekend started!

Question:

What is your favorite base for a salad?

I have been loving arugula.

No comments:

Post a Comment