Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Calgon - Take Me Away...

Does anyone remember that commercial?

When I was little my mom and I would spend an hour during the day watching General Hospital while eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches. During the commercial breaks the Calgon - Take Me Away commercial would come on and I always thought it was so funny. Something about a lady screaming Calgon - Take Me Away while images of her day floated around her head was very humorous to the 5 year old Tracey;)

Now I'm all grown up and not finding those commercials funny at all. Tuesday was my very own Calgon day. Everything was going wrong and I just wanted my mom to walk into my office and give me a time out!

Life is so stressful and it's so difficult to deal with it when you are in the stressful moment. I need to reread my post on stress and put some of those practices back into my life!

Breakfast

I usually eat Greek yogurt but decided to try the regular kind today. I still prefer the thick texture of the Greek but this Stonyfield Pomegranate yogurt with granola and almonds was mighty tasty:



Lunch

My meals for the remainder of the day were brought on by pure stress. Whenever I'm stressed out or "emotionally off" I self medicate with food that is not so good for me. Definitely something that needs to be worked on.

I needed a caffeine boost so a Rockstar beverage was needed:



Along with 1.5 Pizza Hut bread sticks:



and about half of this baked pasta:



Dinner

P and I were walking home and came across a new pizza place that opened up in the loop, Bacci Pizzeria.

P ordered a "slice" of sausage and I had peperoni. Here is my weird husband trying to eat his "slice" with a plastic fork and knife:



I put the word "slice" in quotes because this is not your normal slice of pizza. The thing was bigger than my head:



That is in noway an illusion. The "slice" was really that big! Bacci Pizzeria doesn't mess around when they say they are the home of the Jumbo Slice!

Project Food Blog

Just a reminder that voting ends Thursday, September 23. Check out my submission here. I think it sums up my blog perfectly!

Question:

Do you ever have those "Calgon" type of days? What do you do when you need a time-out?

5 comments:

  1. oh.my.word. that pizza looks ridiculously amazing. why do i not have some right now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels like work gets more stressful for everyone during the fall. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having one of those days today!! I usually try to diffuse some of the stress by a) reading a blog or two to take a break every hour or so and let my brain take a breather, b) try to stick to my regular schedule. If I haven't gotten enough sleep or eaten like I usually do I always feel more stressed out. (although a good bag of chips or piece of chocolate always helps, too!) :)

    Oh, and it was great meeting you last weekend! We should definitely do another brunch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I totally remember those commercials - and for some reason it also makes me think of Love's Baby Soft lol. Hope today is starting better for you. A little "me" time can make all the difference in the world - even if it's just mindless blog reading. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete