Woke up this morning and discovered I didn't have any milk for my coffee. I can't drink coffee without some kind of "mixer" if you will. So I had to go to the local grocery store (not my favorite), without any caffeine in my body and I'm not good in the mornings.
When I got home I immediately fixed myself a cup of much needed coffee:
To help my mood, I drank my coffee out of my new mug that I adore!
I also made myself a fantastic bowl of banana oats with peanut butter. I wanted to eat it right away and that is why I don't have a picture to share :(
Yesterday I read (Marathon Val) about a risotto in which one of the ingredients was champagne. I just had to try it. I wasn't able to follow the recipe exactly but my dish still turned out really good.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup Champagne (YUM)
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 small onion
- Toast the pine nuts
- Chop the mushrooms, finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the veggie broth in a saucepan
- Add 2 tablespoons of EVOO to a hot pan, add the mushrooms, onions and garlic
- Once the onions become transparent add the arborio rice.
- Add the Champagne
- Begin to add the veggie broth and 1 cup of milk, about 1 cup at a time
- Then all you need to do is follow the typical risotto instructions. Add 1 cup of liquid at a time and stir until the rice absorbs all of it. Then add another cup and so on, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed stir in the pine nuts
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top off with cheese, I used grana padano shaved cheese.
Thanks Val for giving me the idea for this wonderful dish!
My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe. I had to include the instructions on my blog so that I will be able to make it again!