Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crazy People ...

And this time I'm not the crazy person! Tuesday's bus ride into work was an interesting one. A woman on the bus was letting everyone know some fact's (according to her) that she thought we should know. According to the crazy lady:


  • Angelina Jolie is just like Drew Peterson. She should be in jail because she steals peoples babies.

  • The government has no right to take and give away babies they find in dumpsters. They have a duty to find the babies mother and give the child back.

Those above statements ARE NOT from me, they are those of a "crazy" woman on the bus. She had all kinds of stuff to educate us on but those are the 2 that stuck with me. Public transportation is definitely not for everyone, you have to put up with a lot of stuff sometimes.


On to my Tuesday activities and eats:


As with any other workday I needed some caffeine in the morning. It was so hot out I couldn't even think about consuming a hot coffee and we were out of iced coffee so I opted for a Dr. Pepper:




Lunch


My husband and I had a lunch date today which started off with a Farmers Market visit! We got some purple potato, leafy greens and cheese. I have to tell you the cheese at this years Farmers Market is amazing. It is so good that I'm going to do a separate post telling you all about it!


After shopping we decided to try out a new (to us) place. It was located down this alley:


Roly Poly which specializes in Rolled Sandwiches, Soups and Salads:


They have many options for hot or cold rolled sandwiches. I opted for the Roll Your Own option. I filled out the form to let the kitchen know how I would like my sandwich:



My sandwich contents:
  • White tortilla
  • Balsamic vinaigrette
  • Provolone cheese
  • Smoked turkey
  • Leaf lettuce
  • Dill pickle slices
  • Green pepper
  • Carrots
  • Cucumbers
  • Alfalfa sprouts


Delicious and filling!


We shared a Asian Pear Green Tea Snapple to drink:



Happy Hour


I new I was going to meet my husband for drinks after work so I made sure to bring a bottle of water. This way I could keep hydrated while drinking my cocktail:


The husband and I met at our place, Ceres, and I ordered a raspberry vodka with lemonade:



Those of you who enjoy cocktails must try this drink. It is the perfect summer cocktail!


Dinner


While waiting for our dinner to arrive I snacked on some of the pickles I bought last week at the Farmers Market:


And the main dish was a burrito from Flaco's Taco's:



I really do think I'm addicted to this place. I just love the burrito and taco's they make. I could eat them everyday but that is not good for my wallet or waistline!


Question:


What type of water bottle do you have and would you recommend it for me to purchase?


I really need to purchase a water bottle. I don't want a plastic one and I don't like that the sigg bottles have such a small opening. I feel I wouldn't be able to clean it. Looking forward to recommendations from all of you!

7 comments:

  1. Kevin and I actually just went through water bottle research time, and ended up purchasing one by a company called Waterbox. Very pretty designs, and so far I love drinking out of it (plastic rim on stainless steel bottle). I am extremely picky about the taste of water, and the taste is really great. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the crazy people! I just buy store brand bottled water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ... I'm going to check out those water bottles. Do you know if the part you put your mouth on (to drink) is protected by the cap? Strange question but than again I'm a strange gal:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the mouth portion is definitely protected by the cap. If you've got an REI nearby at all, you can probably walk in and take a look at them there. One of the other things I like about them: unlike just about every other stainless steel bottle out there, they don't emit an atrocious squeal when you screw/unscrew the cap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really New York City, like a number of metropolitan areas. I live to get advice from consultant, I think this barely works for anything! So they get a low score and a better grade, okay.Wheel Repair tool Please check our video of how our tool works and how easy it is to repair a wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am commenting to let you know what a terrific experience my daughter enjoyed reading through your web page. She noticed a wide variety of pieces, with the inclusion of what it is like to have an awesome helping style to have the rest without hassle grasp some grueling matters.
    Online Cheap Eye Mask

    ReplyDelete