Friday, October 23, 2009

My Relationships with Food and Exercise

I love food. All kinds of food. Steak, pasta, french fries, vegetables, cake, soup, cocktails (okay not a food but I love a good cocktail!) and many more!

Over my lifetime I have had some issues with food. Some of these issues include overeating, not eating, binge eating and compulsive exercising. Although I have had these many relationships with food the one thing that stayed consistent is my love for it! Food is a constant in life and I need to learn to live with it in a healthy manner. I don't want this blog to be about loosing weight, instead I want it to be about how to live life in a healthy manner while still being able to indulge once in awhile.

Growing up I was always involved in competitive sports. From the time I was in 8th grade up until Senior year in high school, I trained for 40 hours a week. I loved the sport I was in so the training didn't feel like a chore it was something I looked forward to doing. Since retiring from my sport I have struggled to find a form of exercise that doesn't feel like a chore.

When I do exercise I get very frustrated at my physical condition. It is hard to struggle doing 50 sit-ups when I used to do a 1,000 a day. I need to get over the fact that I'm older and since I haven't been exercising consistently I am going to have to gradually work toward a healthy body. And you know what, I most likely will never have the body I had when I was working out 40 hours a week and I have to learn to accept that and appreciate the things I can do. After all, it's been about 16 years since I was in the ideal physical condition.

It's time to get healthy and stay that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment